Saturday, July 18, 2009

Thing I'm Grateful For

On the weekends, I get to be a housewife. I can cook dinner, do laundry, make the beds and just get my house in order. Strangely, this gives me great pleasure. I am grateful for this time to play mother hen. Sometimes, I wish I stayed at home full time. Then I realize, the reason this time is so precious to me is because it comes so rarely. On the weekdays cooking dinner and doing the dishes is about all I have time for. Fancy dinner, baking, housework etc. are luxuries for me. And so I am grateful that I am in graduate school, that I go out to work/school every day and that this makes my home life seem so special to me.

For all you stay at home wives and mothers out there, I don't know how you do it. May your homes give you as much joy as mine gives me! Shavua tov.

No comments:

Post a Comment