Wednesday, July 15, 2009

What's for Lunch? Portabello Mushroom salad


This is one of the first foods I made for my husband while we were dating. He loved it so much I think it convinced him to marry me. He still gets excited every time I make it.

Portabello Mushroom Salad:

4 large portabello mushrooms sliced into chunks
1/8 cup teriyaki sauce
1 bag of spinach leaves (Or use fresh)
1/2 box grape tomatoes

Dressing:
1/2 c oil
1/4 c sugar
1/4 c white vinegar
1/4 g ketchup
1 Tbs. garlic salt or powder
dash sea salt

Sautee mushrooms in teriyaki over medium heat until they are tender, about 7 minutes. Mix spincah and tomatoes into a bowl. Whisk together oil, sugar, vinegar, ketchup, garlic and salt. Pour into spinach mix and mix to coat the leaves. Pour warm mushrrom and excess teriyaki over the top. Toss a few times and serve.

Note: I like spinach because I find it is very healthy. You can use romaine or iceberg lettuce or any lettuce mix you prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment